5 Reasons Why More Stimulus Checks Aren’t the Answer
Who doesn’t like free money? Of course, there is no such thing. Our federal government can only borrow if it wishes to spend more than it takes in through taxes. Funds must be repaid to those who lent it, Americans and foreigners, plus interest. With Americans, including many seniors, watching the stimulus talks in Congress, Adam Michel and Rachel Greszler make a compelling case in The Daily Signal as to why there should NOT be another stimulus at this time. The reasoning centers on five key points, which are discussed in the full article here.
- 1. Despite High Unemployment, Most Americans Have Jobs
- 2. Savings Rates Are Exceptionally High
- 3. Americans Are Paying Off Credit Card Debt at Record Levels
- 4. They Aren’t Stimulative
- 5. Further Spending Increases the Risks of a Fiscal Crisis