Latest News

Changing Your Legal Name With Social Security - MARCA

Things happen in life – people get married and people divorce, which may mean a change to one’s legal last name. And sometimes, a person may find that the name on their Social Security card is spelled incorrectly and needs to be corrected. It is, in fact, very important that your name of record with the Social Security Administration be exactly correct to ensure that you receive the proper benefit amount when it’s time to claim. Fortunately, changing or correcting your name with Social Security is a relatively easy process, but to do so you’ll need to provide them with original documents proving your legal name. This article explains how to change your name with Social Security, what proof you’ll need to provide, and how long it will take to get a new Social Security card. Click here to read more.

Notice: The link provided above connects readers to the full content of the posted article. The URL (internet address) for this link is valid on the posted date; cannot guarantee the duration of the link’s validity. Also, the opinions expressed in these postings are the viewpoints of the original source and are not explicitly endorsed by AMAC, Inc.; the AMAC Foundation, Inc.; or

What's Your Opinion?

We welcome your comments. Join the discussion and let your voice be heard. All fields are required

Website by Geiger Computers