Latest News

Need to Correct or Replace Your Social Security Card? Here’s how.

If you’ve simply misplaced your Social Security card and want to get another, requesting a replacement card via your online “My Social Security” account is the most efficient option. Since the COVID-19 pandemic has forced all Social Security offices to be closed to public access, online services or telephone services, or slower “snail mail” are temporarily the only options available. And while it’s fairly easy to get a replacement SS card online, getting a corrected card (e.g., a name change) cannot be done online, leaving either telephone services or the US Mail as your remaining options. This article by Social Security’s Delia De Mello, appearing at, offers excellent insight into how to get a replacement or corrected Social Security card during the pandemic.

Notice: The link provided above connects readers to the full content of the posted article. The URL (internet address) for this link is valid on the posted date; cannot guarantee the duration of the link’s validity. Also, the opinions expressed in these postings are the viewpoints of the original source and are not explicitly endorsed by AMAC, Inc.; the AMAC Foundation, Inc.; or



What's Your Opinion?

We welcome your comments. Join the discussion and let your voice be heard. All fields are required

Website by Geiger Computers