Q & A

We took our son off of our DEERS file when he moved out at age 17. He turned 18 a few months ago and has moved back home to go to school. Can we put him back on our DEERS?

Answer: Yes. Your son remains eligible to be listed as your dependent in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System under your family sponsor’s name until he turns 21, or 23 if he is a full-time college student. After that, he can enroll in Tricare Young Adult, which requires enrollment and payment of monthly premiums, until age 26. Read more…

Source: www.militarytimes.com

Notice: The “Read more…” link provided above connects readers to the full content of the posted article. The URL (internet address) for this link is valid on the posted date; socialsecurityreport.org cannot guarantee the duration of the link’s validity. Also, the opinions expressed in these postings are the viewpoints of the original source and are not explicitly endorsed by AMAC, Inc.; the AMAC Foundation, Inc.; or socialsecurityreport.org.

What's Your Opinion?

We welcome your comments. Join the discussion and let your voice be heard. All fields are required

Website by Geiger Computers