Q & A

Where Do I Apply for Disability Benefits for Wounded Warriors?

Answer: Disability benefits from the Social Security Administration for wounded warriors are different than those paid by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD). You will need to complete a separate application.

SSA expedites claims for military service members who became disabled while on active military service on or after October 1, 2001, regardless of where the disability occurs.

To apply for benefits online, visit www.socialsecurity.gov/woundedwarriors. You can also call SSA toll-free at 1-800-772-1213 (1-800-325-0778 TTY) Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. EST or contact your local Social Security office for assistance.

For more information about benefits available to veterans and service members, visit the National Resource Directory.

More information on Disability Benefits can be found in Disability.gov’s Guide to Disability Benefits.

Source: https://www.disability.gov – November 23, 2013

What's Your Opinion?

We welcome your comments. Join the discussion and let your voice be heard. All fields are required

Website by Geiger Computers