AMAC Foundation Webinar to Focus on Social Security’s Spousal Benefits
The next segment of the AMAC Foundation’s webinar on “Women and Social Security” will focus on a variety of issues relating to spousal benefits, ranging from the calculation of benefits for working and non-working spouses to benefits for widows and ex-spouses.
We’ll be covering these topics:
- Spousal benefits
- The “Restricted Application”
- “Deemed Filing”
- Widow Benefits and the effects of remarrying
- Divorced spouse benefits
- Common Law & Civil Unions and Social Security
Register for this detailed, one-hour session by contacting the Foundation office at info@AmacFoundation.org.
The initial segment of this four-part webinar series was presented Tuesday, June 19, covering a series of introductory topics geared to enhancing understanding of Social Security. These topics were presented:
- Statistics and why Social Security is important
- Establishing a mySSA Account
- Qualifying for benefits and when to file
- How benefits are calculated
- Working after drawing benefits
- Cost-of-living-Adjustments (COLA)
An archived recording of this first session is available on the Foundation’s website. Simply click here…
Also, note that sessions 3 and 4 are scheduled for July 3 and July 10, respectively. Send a message to the Foundation office (info@AmacFoundation.org) to register. See you there!