Latest News

Here’s How Social Security Spends $1 Trillion a Year

Where did the $1 trillion spent by the Social Security Administration (SSA) in 2018 go?  Before answering this, Sean Williams points out that the federal government spent $4 trillion overall, meaning monthly benefit checks are 25% of the entire federal budget.  The SSA sends out more than 64 million benefit checks each month.  Actual Social Security benefits account for close to 99% of all spending, leaving just 1% for administrative and other expenses.  Read the full piece by Williams of The Motley Fool here.




Notice: The link provided above connects readers to the full content of the posted article. The URL (internet address) for this link is valid on the posted date; cannot guarantee the duration of the link’s validity. Also, the opinions expressed in these postings are the viewpoints of the original source and are not explicitly endorsed by AMAC, Inc.; the AMAC Foundation, Inc.; or

What's Your Opinion?

We welcome your comments. Join the discussion and let your voice be heard. All fields are required

Website by Geiger Computers