Latest News

How to fix it if you filed early and now regret it

It’s a fact that a majority of people applying for Social Security do so earlier than their “full retirement age”, the age at which they get 100% of the benefit they’ve earned for a lifetime of work.  But what happens if you file early and later regret that you made that decision; is there a way to correct it?  Well, the steps you can take are somewhat dependent upon how much time has gone by since you started benefits, and there are some fairly unpalatable consequences of doing it, but there are some ways you can change your mind and postpone your benefits.  Keith Duncan’s article appearing in The Great Falls Tribune explains how to fix a mistake of filing too early.  Click here to read more.

Notice: The link provided above connects readers to the full content of the posted article. The URL (internet address) for this link is valid on the posted date; cannot guarantee the duration of the link’s validity. Also, the opinions expressed in these postings are the viewpoints of the original source and are not explicitly endorsed by AMAC, Inc.; the AMAC Foundation, Inc.; or

What's Your Opinion?

We welcome your comments. Join the discussion and let your voice be heard. All fields are required

Website by Geiger Computers