Saving Social Security: Expanding Benefits and Demanding the Wealthy Pay Their Fair Share or Cutting Benefits and Increasing Retirement Anxiety
There will be a Hearing of the Committee on the Budget
On: Thursday, June 9, 2022, 11:00 AM
In: Room SH-216. Members of the Committee may participate in person or by video conference technology.
To consider: Saving Social Security: Expanding Benefits and Demanding the Wealthy Pay Their Fair Share or Cutting Benefits and Increasing Retirement Anxiety
The Committee will follow guidelines developed in consultation with the Office of the Attending Physician and the Senate Rules Committee to protect the health of members, staff, and the public. Pursuant to this guidance, Senate office buildings are not open to the public other than official business visitors and credentialed press at this time.
- Ms. Nancy J. AltmanPresidentSocial Security Works
- Mr. Robert Roach, Jr.PresidentAlliance for Retired Americans
- Mr. Alex LawsonExecutive DirectorSocial Security Works
- Ms. Maya MacGuineasPresidentCommittee for a Responsible Federal Budget
- Mr. Shai AkabasDirector of Economic PolicyBipartisan Policy Center
- Mr. Stephen C. GossChief ActuarySocial Security Administration