Latest News

Social Security for previously undocumented immigrants who become permanent residents

Often a hot-button topic of discussion, Social Security retirement benefits for permanent residents may be payable even if they were previously an “undocumented immigrant” who nevertheless paid their income and Social Security payroll (FICA) taxes using an Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN). It will probably require a visit to the local Social Security office to reconcile ITIN contributions with SSN-based contributions, but provided that the necessary work credits have been earned, such new permanent residents are, in fact, entitled to collect Social Security benefits, as discussed in this Q&A article by Allan Wernick appearing at The Daily News. Click here to read more.

Notice: The link provided above connects readers to the full content of the posted article. The URL (internet address) for this link is valid on the posted date; cannot guarantee the duration of the link’s validity. Also, the opinions expressed in these postings are the viewpoints of the original source and are not explicitly endorsed by AMAC, Inc.; the AMAC Foundation, Inc.; or

What's Your Opinion?

We welcome your comments. Join the discussion and let your voice be heard. All fields are required

Website by Geiger Computers