“How do I become a representative payee for someone receiving Social Security or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits?”
Answer: If you know someone receiving Social Security or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits who needs assistance managing their payments, you should contact your local Social Security office about becoming their representative payee. See When People Need Help Managing Their Money for…
- When Must I Repay Benefits to Withdraw My Application?
- What Do I Report if I Get SSI Payments?
- I’m retired, and the only income I have aside from my Social Security retirement benefit is from an Individual Retirement Account (IRA). Are my IRA withdrawals considered “earnings?” Could they reduce my monthly Social Security benefits?
- I will turn 65 in a few months. Because of my financial situation, I thought I’d be eligible for Supplemental Security Income (SSI). But my neighbor told me I’d probably be turned down because a friend has offered to support me. Is this true?
- I’m planning my retirement. What is the maximum Social Security benefit I might receive?