Answer: Social Security does not count unemployment benefits as earnings. They do not affect retirement benefits. However, income from Social Security may reduce your unemployment compensation.Contact your state unemployment office for information on how your state applies the reduction. Source: Social Security…
- Can I qualify for Social Security disability benefits if I get veterans’ benefits?
- What is substantial gainful activity?
- Can I return to work while getting Social Security disability benefits?
- Will Social Security reduce my spouse’s benefits if I get a government pension based on my own earnings?
- Do I qualify for benefits as a spouse if I am now in, or the surviving spouse of, a civil union or other non-marital legal relationship?