Enrolling in Medicare Part B When Your Employer Coverage Ends

Medicare Part B, which is insurance coverage for doctors and other outpatient services, can be deferred past age 65 if you have other “creditable” healthcare coverage – for example from your employer. Having “creditable” alternative coverage after age 65 is what prevents you from incurring a Late Enrollment Penalty for joining Medicare after your Initial Enrollment Period has ended. So, how do your enroll in Medicare Part B when your employer coverage ends (or is about to end)? Why you can easily do that online, as this Terre Haute (IN) Tribune-Start article by Social Security’s Amy Long explains. Click here to read more.

Notice: The link provided above connects readers to the full content of the posted article. The URL (internet address) for this link is valid on the posted date; socialsecurityreport.org cannot guarantee the duration of the link’s validity. Also, the opinions expressed in these postings are the viewpoints of the original source and are not explicitly endorsed by AMAC, Inc.; the AMAC Foundation, Inc.; or socialsecurityreport.org.

What's Your Opinion?

We welcome your comments. Join the discussion and let your voice be heard. All fields are required

Website by Geiger Computers