Latest News

How to suspend Social Security benefits

Mary Beth Franklin explains that if you are already entitled to Social Security benefits, you may voluntarily suspend your retirement payments once you reach full retirement age (66-67 depending on birth year).  You can call the Social Security Administration either over the phone or write them to suspend your benefits.  Suspension begins the month after you make the request, as Social Security benefits are paid the month after they are due.  As Franklin notes, though, if you are enrolled in Medicare, there are other consequences of suspending your Social Security benefits.  Read full piece from Investment News here.

The AMAC Foundation offers a free-to-the-public advisory service to all folks ageing into–or already in–Social Security. This service provides guidance in understanding the complexities of Social Security and the myriad rules and regulations associated with the process for claiming benefits, with NSSA-Certified Social Security Advisors available via email or telephone to discuss options. Learn more about this service via the Foundation’s website.



Notice: The link provided above connects readers to the full content of the posted article. The URL (internet address) for this link is valid on the posted date; cannot guarantee the duration of the link’s validity. Also, the opinions expressed in these postings are the viewpoints of the original source and are not explicitly endorsed by AMAC, Inc.; the AMAC Foundation, Inc.; or

What's Your Opinion?

We welcome your comments. Join the discussion and let your voice be heard. All fields are required

Website by Geiger Computers