Q & A

What happens to Social Security benefits after a guardian dies?

Full question: I am 75 years old and guardian of a 7-year-old girl, whose father is disabled. Social Security now pays her $777 per month. What should I do to make sure that the girl will continue to receive her Social Security benefits after I die?

Answer: Social Security’s Representative Payment Program provides financial management for the Social Security and Supplemental Security Income(SSI) payments of beneficiaries who are incapable — in this case, a child — of managing their Social Security or SSI payments, says William “BJ” Jarrett, a public affairs specialist with theSocial Security Administration (SSA) in Baltimore. Read more…

Source: Robert Powell, Retirement Weekly via www.usatoday.com

Notice: The “Read more…” link provided above connects readers to the full content of the posted article. The URL (internet address) for this link is valid on the posted date; socialsecurityreport.org cannot guarantee the duration of the link’s validity. Also, the opinions expressed in these postings are the viewpoints of the original source and are not explicitly endorsed by AMAC, Inc.; the AMAC Foundation, Inc.; or socialsecurityreport.org.

What's Your Opinion?

We welcome your comments. Join the discussion and let your voice be heard. All fields are required

Website by Geiger Computers