What to do if you claimed Social Security too early

People generally are aware that waiting to collect Social Security past age 62 raises one’s monthly checks permanently.  Yet most people elect to begin receiving checks at or close to age 62.  But what if you decide that you made a mistake?  How can you “undo” this decision?  The short answer is you can change your mind, but only under very limited circumstances and if you meet the criteria.  Read the full piece here to find out what to do.

The AMAC Foundation offers a free-to-the-public advisory service to all folks ageing into–or already in–Social Security. This service provides guidance in understanding the complexities of Social Security and the myriad rules and regulations associated with the process for claiming benefits, with NSSA-Certified Social Security Advisors available via email or telephone to discuss options. Learn more about this service via the Foundation’s website.



Notice: The link provided above connects readers to the full content of the posted article. The URL (internet address) for this link is valid on the posted date; socialsecurityreport.org cannot guarantee the duration of the link’s validity. Also, the opinions expressed in these postings are the viewpoints of the original source and are not explicitly endorsed by AMAC, Inc.; the AMAC Foundation, Inc.; or socialsecurityreport.org.

What's Your Opinion?

We welcome your comments. Join the discussion and let your voice be heard. All fields are required

Website by Geiger Computers