Latest News

You’ll need more than just Social Security to retire comfortably

This isn’t exactly breaking news, but if you’re planning on Social Security being your sole source of retirement income you’re in for a very unpleasant surprise. At the very most, Social Security will make up only about 40% of what you’ll need in your golden years, and that means that the remaining 60% needs to come from elsewhere. That “elsewhere” may be your 401(k) or other savings plan, or perhaps from taking on a new career after you retirement from the mainstream, but rest assured you can’t make it on Social Security alone and stay above the poverty line. In this Motley Fool article, columnist Maurie Backman explains that only a small percentage of “baby boomers” expect most of their retirement income to come from their savings, which may mean that far too many plan to depend upon Social Security as their main source. Click here to read more.

Notice: The link provided above connects readers to the full content of the posted article. The URL (internet address) for this link is valid on the posted date; cannot guarantee the duration of the link’s validity. Also, the opinions expressed in these postings are the viewpoints of the original source and are not explicitly endorsed by AMAC, Inc.; the AMAC Foundation, Inc.; or

What's Your Opinion?

We welcome your comments. Join the discussion and let your voice be heard. All fields are required

Website by Geiger Computers